With the final raising of lockdown number three I wanted to get some feedback from you, my readers, as to where I should go with this blog. Since I started it in an attempt to relieve the tedium for those confined within their own four walls by lockdowns numbers one and two, this seems like the right moment to reassess.
To make this as painless as possible for you, I have come up with a series of questions below. The easiest way for you to reply to them might be to copy them into the Comment box at the end of the post, and then answer each in turn. But if you prefer, you could also email me your answers.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I really enjoy writing this blog but the main purpose of it is that you should enjoy it. So I need to know what you like and what you don’t like, what annoys you, what you would like to see more/less of – or indeed whether you would like me to include things that are not currently on the menu at all. So please don’t hold back – all input, be it postive or negative, is helpful.
To set you on your way, one of the willow trees around the Boating Pond – just breaking fully into leaf. The questions are below. There are quite a few but they only require very quick answers.
- I presume that since you have not Unsubscribed yourselves, you do enjoy the posts and would like them to continue?
- If so, how often would you like to receive a post? Once a week? Twice a week? More frequently? Less frequently?
- Most of the posts are about the heath but when I do get the chance to go elsewhere, I also post about my visits. Do you like this variation or would you rather I stuck to the heath?
- Do you prefer posts about nature, flora and fauna or would you like to see more of our built environment?
- Do you like still pictures or videos or a mixture of both?
- If still pictures do you like trees (alive or dead), flowers, buildings, people? Or a mixture of all of them.
- If still pictures, if there is some context in terms of history, weather or passers by, do you like that to be included or would you rather just have the images to look at?
- If videos, do you like me just to walk and film with a minimum amount of commentary so that you can feel as though (if you go full screen) you are walking yourself? Or do you prefer it when I ‘chat to you’ as though I was walking with a friend?
- If videos, do you like to see random happenings when I manage to catch them, such as the weight lifters with their logs a few weeks ago or Freya the tightrope walker at the end of this post – or would you rather I just stuck to the birds and the trees?
- Do you enjoy videos of squabbling ducks, cross swans, dogs when I can catch them etc or would you rather I stuck to the flora?
- And speaking of birds, would you like me to finally get to work on learning to identify both bird songs and trees so that I can be a bit more informative?!
- What sort of length video do you enjoy? Just a few minutes? 10 minutes? 20 minutes or longer?
- ‘Talking videos’. As you will be aware, I have been experimenting with what are effectively audio posts for my cousin and for another friend who has all but lost her sight. We are working on how best to deliver these for people with sight limitations but meanwhile, do those of you who are perfectly able to see the images find the ‘talking videos’ irritating or do you quite like being able to switch off and let me do the looking for you?
- Anything else you would like to say about the posts – suggestions or anything else at all?
And as a sign off, the lovely Freya juggling on her tightrope…